Bellow is a copy of our policy for those that wish to sell us bulk syrup.
BULK SYRUP DRUM POLICY
In our continuing effort to provide maple syrup of the highest quality, the following policy is in effect:
- Starting March 1, 2014, maple syrup stored in galvanized drums will not be accepted.
- Starting March 1, 2014, Bascom Maple Farms will not be providing free drums. Producers will need to own their drums. Bascom’s will no longer have a drum exchange program.
- If any producer’s drum is lost, Bascom’s will replace the drum with one of equal quality, new or used (i.e. plastic for plastic, stainless for stainless).
- Continuing with our current practice, only food grade drums of maple syrup will be accepted. Stainless steel, food grade plastic, and food grade epoxy lined are good examples of what will be accepted. (No syrup transferred from tin milk cans or any other unacceptable drums will be accepted.)
- Drums that have previously held non-food grade products (i.e. sanitizers, acids) will not be accepted.
- Drums that have previously held food considered an allergen will not be accepted. The “Big Eight” major allergens in the U.S. are milk, eggs, fish, Crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybeans.
- Plastic drums that have been labeled “not for reuse” will not be accepted.
- We will continue to accept food grade five gallon drums and will continue to charge a five cent per pound deduction.
Syrup drums should arrive at Bascom Maple Farms clean. Drums should be transported in clean vehicles. We reserve the right to refuse any dirty syrup drums.
Bascom Maple Farms is selling new stainless steel 40, 30 and 15 gallon drums. We also have available new 55, 30 and 5 gallon epoxy lined steel drums. The estimated lifespan of a new stainless drum is 25 years with epoxy lined estimated at 3 years.
We’re proud to have some of the best producers in the industry supplying us and as we all raise our standards to grow the maple industry to new levels, we look forward to your continued cooperation.
Best wishes for next season.